We developed a Model Sun Safety Program that is based on the Plan-Do-Check-Act model for improvement. This six step process will help you build your own sun safety program. Each step includes program elements and considerations for sun safety.
- The Core step is about building a foundation for the sun safety program. In some approaches to the Plan-Do-Check-Act model, this phase is considered to be a pre-plan step or it can be included in the plan step.
- The Plan step is the basis for the program.
- The Do steps are about implementation and operations. This step includes many program elements, so we have split it into two: Do-Control Measures and Do-Support.
- The Check step is about corrective action.
- The Act step is about ongoing review of the program and a commitment to continual improvement.